WHO WE ARE
Paradigm Properties, LLC is a premier provider of off-campus college student housing in the SUNY Cortland area. We are known for our luxury college apartments and houses that showcase innovative design and quality materials and craftsmanship. As a locally owned and operated business since 1981, we pride ourselves on our customer service and attention to detail and safety that are unmatched in the industry.
WHY CHOOSE US
- All inclusive living
- Quick response
- Attention to detail
- Years of experience
- HD TV’s in all living rooms
- Fully staffed local rental office
- Full-time maintenance staff
- 24/7 on-call emergency service
- Excellent customer service
- Renting since 1981
PEACE OF MIND LIVING
FREE TENANT PARKING
FREE TRASH REMOVAL
PAY RENT ONLINE
REGULAR SAFETY INSPECTIONS
What People Are Saying on Google Reviews!
I really enjoyed living in my house this past year. Maintenance was very fast when needed. Electricity and laundry is included which was a huge plus. Communication with landlord was easy and quick. This was my first year living off campus and my friends and I loved living in our house. The process for signing the lease was really easy. I would definitely find a house with Paradigm Properties again.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I move in early?
Due to the amount of time it takes for us to clean, paint, make repairs and complete our renovation projects, we can only accommodate a limited number of early arrivals which we do not start approving until August 1st.
If you would like to move in early, please email a request with the date you would like to move in and the reason for moving in early. You can email requests starting August 1st. All requests must be made no later than August 17th or we will not be able to accommodate them.
Requests will not be approved if there are any past due payments/paperwork for anyone in your house/apartment.
Please note: there is an early arrival fee of $25/person/day which must be paid before you can move in.
What if I’m using financial aid to pay my rent?
If you are using external funding to pay for your rent and do not have it by the due date, you will need to turn in 3 items on/by August 1st.
- A copy of your financial aid/loan agreement. This must show your name & the amount you are receiving.
- A $100 payment towards rent. This can be a check dated no later than 8/1, cash, or a Rentroom payment.
- A check for the remaining balance dated 10/15. We will not deposit the check until October 15th, which should be enough time for the funding to go into your account. (This is also due by 8/1.)
All three of these steps must be completed by August 1st, otherwise your rent will be considered late. If you do not turn in your loan agreement, your October payment will be considered late.
Why do I have to send my financial aid agreement?
We are not affiliated with SUNY Cortland, so we request a copy of your financial aid agreement (or other loan provider) so that we are able to confirm that you are getting the funding. We do not use or share the information.
What if I don’t have checks?
You can ask your bank for a counter check, if they are local and provide the service. Otherwise, you can order a checkbook online. There are many services that you can order from, but I find Walmartchecks.com to be the most convenient. You can get a book of checks for around $20 in under 3 weeks.
Do I have to pay the financial aid rent with a check?
You do have to turn in a rent check on August 1st (see previous). However, if you would like to pay a different way once you have received your funding (Rentroom, cash, other check), you are able to do so. Be sure to turn in the new payment prior to October 15th and we will shred or mail the original check once your payment in processed.
How much are late fees?
There is a 3-day grace period before late fees begin and then it’s $25 the 5th day rent is late, with $2 added each day after. For example: if you wait to pay fall rent until August 20th, you will have accrued $55 in late fees.
Can I pay with a credit card?
We can only accept credit card payments through PayPal. We do not accept credit cards in office or over the phone. Please be advised that PayPal charges a 4% fee per transaction.
What comes in my apartment?
We provide all major furniture/appliances. This includes:
- A full-sized bed and a dresser in each bedroom
- Couch(es) & loveseat(s) in the living room (# depends on tenants in house/apartment)
- A living room TV, coffee table, and end table (s)
- A fridge, microwave, oven, & kitchen/dining seating
What do I need to bring?
- Cleaning supplies (including but not limited to vacuum, broom, toilet cleaner, cleaning spray and rags, etc.)
- Trash can(s) & bags for inside the apt. (Outside trash cans are provided.)
- Kitchen items (pots, pans, silverware, dishes, cups, etc.)
- A desk for your bedroom (if you want one)
- Decorations! Make this your home for the next year(s), but be sure to use command strips or small finishing nails for any hanging items so wall damage doesn’t occur. (See house rules.)
What size is my bed?
Beds are full-sized (double)
How do I get my key(s)?
Bedroom and laundry keys (if applicable) will be left in each bedroom. We will reach out in August on how to get your house/apartment key.
What happens if I want to re-sign my apartment/house or another one of Paradigm’s for next year?
As you know the rental season begins right when students return to school. We give our tenants first dibs on whether or not they want to re-rent from us before we start showing your apt/house. If you would like to re-sign, please call our office (607) 756-4804 or email us at email@example.com and we will set up a time for you to sign the lease.
Can I bring a pet with me?
Pets are not allowed in our properties. They cause damage to furniture, floors, blinds, walls, etc. Additionally, pet dander gets in the fabric of the furniture and carpets (if applicable) which can create an unsuitable living environment for future tenants.